I’ve finished the forepart. I actually just made a complete skirt. I thought it would be more useful that way…
It looks like I will need to make a farthingale as the photo above shows the skirts over my corded petticoat. The skirts just don’t stand out like I want them to.
I really enjoy hemming a skirt by hand and the old style of construction where you hem the skirt and then attach it to a waistband.
As you can see below, I built the skirt with a side opening and a box pleat in the front and an inverted box pleat in the back. That way I can change it up if I want or need to.
Next up: the lower sleeves. I’m debating on how I want to embellish the dress and I will still need to add a ruff.