My Dicken’s Fair costume has been approved. Yippee!
So the long and the short of making it.
The skirt is actually 7 panels (gored) using the skirt pattern from Butterick 6196. The regular pattern only uses 5 panels, but I added two when I bustled the skirt a few years ago. I re-hemmed it so that it sits a few inches off the floor. I just pleated the into a waist band and added a placket. I made the skirt large enough to wear with or without a corset.
The bodice is made using the lining pattern from TV456. I used the upper sleeve pattern to make a pattern for the sleeve. I did the math for the cuff as I wanted to be able to slip my hand through the cuff and not have to fasten it.
Hand crocheted from about 5 skeins of gray lambswool blend. Its big enough and basic enough to be used for several centuries of costumes.
That would be the white blouse part in the close-up. I went shopping at the thrift store for a blouse that closed around me neck and had pretty embroidery. It cost about $4 at the thrift shop.
The corset I’ve talked blogged about before here.
I also wore the corded petticoat and the cartridge pleated petticoat.
The Bonnet needs to be embellished but I’m very excited!